About SOARUpdatedSunday August 6, 2017 byLuke Bynum.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23
Building Relationships through sports to share the love of Jesus Christ
WHY A YOUTH SPORTS MINISTRY?
1. Stewardship of facilities God has given
2. Fulfill First Presbyterian’s Mission Statement “Being called by God to glorify and obey Him in all we do and say, we will seek to serve Christ by ministering to those in Stanley and throughout the world who are lost and bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. To accomplish this, we will devote our time, talent, money, worship, preaching, teaching, fellowship, prayer and outreach to making disciples of Christ, and to training those disciples to make others.”
3. Use sports, the “international language,” to reach out to our community!
• To help our players become better ball players
• To help our players grow as individuals and develop a healthy self-concept
• To attract those in Stanley and surrounding communities by providing a program of excellence
• To regularly train our shepherd/coaches, scorekeepers and officials to share Christ and His Word with our participants and their families
• To provide regular opportunities for people to respond to God and His Word
• To provide an ongoing opportunity for growth, outreach and Christian service for members of First Presbyterian Church and all those who participate
• To spread the vision of Christian sports ministry to other churches